We work with a wide range of people and causes in our center:
WOMEN WITH LOW INCOME
Supporting agricultural projects involving women with low incomes that provide improved seeds and fertilizers. Most of these women are widows. We are also build at least 10 small houses for homeless widows.
Open avenues for unity, peace, justice and reconciliation through clubs, sports, and art. Teach life skills and life values, including integrity, respect, forgiveness, tolerance and patriotism. Provide Vocational guidance and counseling.
Teach general health awareness in addition to reproductive health education about HIV & AIDS.
HOPE UNITY AND RECONCILIATION
We have already initiated projects that promote unity, encourage peace building, teach forgiveness & reconciliation and teach conflict management.
HANDICAPPED CHILDREN AND ORPHANS AT THE IZERE CENTER
We are promoting inclusive education where disabled children can also get the attention they deserve. We have 18 such children now in the Izere Center, with an additional 72 also being assisted by their families. On holidays we help them to be with their respective families.
We teach to the parents how to care their children.
– PARENTING EDUCATION
– WOMEN AND CHILDREN‘S RIGHTS
– FAMILY PLANNING
– GENDER EQUALITY
– AWARENESS AGAINST
– DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
• The Izere Center has no vehicles to help with its numerous activities, including transferring serious cases to district or city hospitals.
• The Center is much too small for the number of clients seen. There is only a meeting hall, small offices, 10 small bedrooms and a poorly equipped kitchen.
• The Center cannot pay tuition for students to continue their education up to High school.
• The center is struggling to pay the staff , provide basic needs such as food, clothing, & school materials to the many children under our care because of its limited budget.
. The Center and Byumba diocese is stuggling to build a vocational center for these orphans.
Please contact us for more information
PO Box 05, Byumba, Rwanda